We Are Blood
We Are Blood
Job Title: Communications Associate
Reports To: Communications Manager
Purpose: The Communications Associate is responsible for supporting We Are Blood’s communications and marketing initiatives, maintaining and utilizing We Are Blood’s CRM, and developing content for We Are Blood’s external audiences.
· Support the execution of We Are Blood’s communication content efforts; including copy writing, graphics design, video production / editing, and photography editing.
· Maintain and utilize We Are Blood’s CRM software system to run reports, design queries, and send mass communications to recruit and steward blood donors.
· Assist with the development and execution of We Are Blood’s communications and content calendar including bi-monthly newsletters, blog posts, social media content, website, educational materials, emails, text messages and promotional materials.
· Liaise with recruitment staff to ensure blood inventory needs are met through blood donor recruitment messaging and third party telerecruiting.
· Collaborate with all We Are Blood departments to identify, elevate and share organizational stories with the community by creating unique content.
· Maintain We Are Blood’s inventory of marketing assets, including graphics, logos, photography, and scripts.
· Coordinate with We Are Blood vendors in support of the design, production, printing, and distribution of communication materials.
· Ensure consistency in brand identity across communications platforms.
· Monitor, evaluate, and report on specific communication campaign metrics and goals.
· Support other We Are Blood departments with communication and design needs.
· Meet and exceed employee program expectations of AMO CommYOUnity! standards: Rewards & Recognition, Communication, Individuality, Integrity, Respect, and Pursuit of Excellence.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· A minimum of 2-3years of experience in communications and marketing, with experience in graphics design, copy writing, video production, and CRM databases.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, TikTok).
· Familiarity with email marketing and digital marketing.
· Ability to spot emerging trends in communications and marketing.
· Strong editing, and proofreading skills.
· Ability to self-start, organize and prioritize under changing conditions.
· Willingness to be responsive outside of regular work hours to respond to communication and blood inventory needs.
· Must be able to successfully work independently and within a team.
· Proficient with cloud based project management programs, such as Trello.
· Proficient computer skills with knowledge of desktop publishing, especially Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Office.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Education, Experience, and Skills Preferred:
· Some college preferred.
· Graphics design experience (Illustrator and InDesign).
· Video editing experience (Adobe Premier Pro).
· Photo editing experience (Photoshop).
· HTML experience.
· Experience with SEO .
- Must have excellent judgment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to bend, stoop.
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Texas driver’s license, acceptable driving record and proof of liability insurance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.