We Are Blood
IT Support Technician II
Purpose: To offer Tier II technical support to end users both on-site and remote while providing excellent customer support. To perform key functions and provide ticket resolution on issues that are beyond a Tier I. To backfill for Tier I support as needed.
· Responsible for Tier II hardware support and troubleshooting.
· Responsible for Tier II equipment set up and deployments for end users, such as laptops, desktops, printers, scanner, and tablets.
· Responsible for Tier II software and application support and troubleshooting.
· Assist with maintenance of in-house equipment and install and configure new equipment.
· Assist with end user accounts, permissions, and access rights when applicable.
· Assist with server and network admin duties as needed and where applicable.
· Assist with monitoring network activity, and performance of the different servers and network infrastructure. Respond/Escalate alerts received as instructed.
· To backfill for Tier I support as needed.
· Responsible for monitoring assigned requests and working with team members and peers to ensure service levels are being met.
· Responsible for completing assigned requests in a timely manner including communicating back to the end user and updating ServiceDesk Plus with pertinent documentation and actions taken.
· Participating in the ITon-call rotation schedule.
· When on-call, responsible for on-call duties and escalations.
· Modern smartphone is required to install Computer Services applications required to perform job duties: RingCentral, ServiceDesk Plus, Outlook, Microsoft Authenticator.
· Must adhere to Computer Services Vision, Mission and Values, and departmental policies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
· Required 6+ years of Enterprise Level IT Helpdesk experience.
· Required High School diploma or equivalent.
· Required some college and/or technical school plus certifications:
Preferred CompTIA Security +
· Required experience with routing, switching, cable management systems and testing tools.
· Required experience in a LAN and WAN network environment.
· Required experience with Active Directory and MS Azure.
· Required experience with PC and server-based hardware/support.
· Required Microsoft Office experience, O365 preferred.
· Required experience with on-premises/Exchange or Exchange Online(M365).
· Required experience with Windows operating systems in networked environment.
· Required excellent time management skills.
· Required excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Must be a team player.
· The position's responsibilities require independent analyses, critical thinking, communication, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Must be able to multitask and shift priorities as required.
- Must be able to prioritize and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to handle distraction and interruptions during the normal workflow.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to communicate well to customers internally and externally.
- Must be able to have flexibility in scheduled hours and be able to be on-call 24/7 for emergency situations.
- Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver's license (Texas) and acceptable driving record with proof of liability insurance.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs and have the ability to maneuver under desks, etc.
- Must have manual dexterity.