Consent Coordinator-United Tissue Resources
Purpose: Responsible for ensuring the appropriate evaluation of all referrals of potential donors, performing authorization/notification processes for donation, conducting risk assessment interview with an adequate historian, and donor case coordination.
- Responsible for receiving, coordinating and evaluating potential donor information to written criteria and procedures to determine eligibility for tissue donation.
- Contacting the authorizing person and providing information about tissue donation. Responsible for utilizing defined techniques and completing support documentation as assigned.
- Meet authorization rate requirements, defined performance metrics and individual goals.
- Complete authorization/notification processes and detailed medical history interviews with appropriate parties.
- Communicate with shared service partners and involved entities on shared referrals and/or donor cases to facilitate the donation process. This may include medical examiner’s offices, justices of the peace, funeral homes, eye banks, and organ banks.
- Complete and verify required documentation according to written procedures prior to recovery.
- Responsible for logistical coordination of donors cases with the surgical recovery team.
- Actively and professionally participate in Consent Services meetings and training including but not limited to role play scenarios, presentations and discussions.
- Responsible for entering referral and donor case information into department tracking databases.
- Responsible for activities and projects that support department performance including but not limited to donor case follow-up with shared service partners and participation in events with referral sources or within the community.
- Follow FDA, AATB, and UTR guidelines, protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Office hours and work-from-home flexibility required.
· Own the experience by meeting and exceeding customer service standards for internal and external customers: Stay in the know, Get funky, Open doors, Applause feels good and Cross the line.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as health sciences, psychology, social work, or interpersonal communication fields is preferred.
• Experience working in the Tissue Banking industry preferred.
• Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks to meet established goals and strict deadlines.
• Must be able to work well both autonomously and within a team environment.
• Must be precise, accurate and detail-oriented.
• Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem resolution abilities..
• Must be able to work a flexible on-call schedule.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be attentive to detail.
• Must be able to handle distractions with facility.
• Must be able to exercise discretion, respect, and concern at all times.
• Must be able to deal emotionally with death.
• Must be able to make sound judgments.
• Must be able to assimilate information and draw reasonable conclusions.