Distribution Tech I - Blood
To maintain and manage the inventory of blood products and to provide blood products distribution service in a regulated environment to hospitals, other blood centers, and clients. Meet and exceed customer expectations and adhere to established quality practices while seeking to continue improve work performance.
• Serve as primary customer service representative between We Are Blood and the customer, both internal and external. Create and maintain excellent, customer service. Take customer component orders, by phone or FAX.
• Recognize and fulfill the unique inventory and service needs of each hospital and select appropriate components for distribution to ensure facility needs, are met.
• Manually and/or electronically, log orders and shipments, ensuring accuracy and delivery timeframe, are met with strict adherence to SOP.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task in a fast-paced regulated environment.
• Inspect products or specimens and pack appropriately for shipment to ensure regulatory requirements, are met for each type of shipment.
• Perform irradiation procedures, including documentation and relabeling of components.
• Deliver shipments to hospitals, other carriers or blood centers; and pick up shipments or specimens. Inspect and determine acceptability requirements for product return. Process expired platelets and/or red blood cells for further manufacturing and subsequent shipment to contracted entities.
• Complete all required documentation accurately with strict adherence to cGMP and SOP.
• Be responsible for monitoring and documenting storage temperatures for all components; in-house, and upon receipt. Take appropriate action in the occurrence of out-of-temp events.
• Manage product inventory to reduce expiration rates while ensuring community needs are continue met.
• Maintain vehicles and work areas in clean, well-organized state.
• Maintain an acceptable driving record.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two years of customer service experience required. Prefer some experience in inventory, distribution, and/or warehouse experience in a regulated environment.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Able to work schedule Saturday-Wednesday 11 am-7:30pm and work rotating on call flexible scheduling required.
• Some computer skills preferred.
• Customer service orientation, good listening skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work effectively independently, without direct supervision, as well as within a group.
• Ability to lift at least 30 lbs, stand for extended periods of time, load and unload vehicle, enter and exit vehicle.
• Acceptable driving record.
• Required to work overtime as needed. Ability to work flexible schedule, on call 3rd shift Monday-Thursday
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out website to view other opportunities within our organizations to make you a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled