Human Resources Supervisor
Position Title: Human Resources Supervisor
Reports to: Chief People Officer
Department: Human Resources
Position Purpose: Responsible for the development and supervision of all human resources clerical staff. Oversees human resources functions including recruitment and screening; onboarding; compensation administration and planning; employee relations; HR policy/procedures development and monitoring; as well as training and development. Provide HR support to managers and staff.
Specific Responsibilities and duties:
· Develop and maintain full-cycle recruitment and placement programs, including the development, monitoring and accountability for recruiting metrics; making budget recommendations and being accountable for outcomes for the recruiting function.
· Work closely with internal customers regarding candidate assessment tools, recruiting best practices, and best practices in interviewing.
· Develop and maintain the staff compensation plan including pay levels, increase and hire rates, salary surveys, job audits and classification reviews, and maintenance of accurate job descriptions.
· Coach managers and staff in explaining AMO policies and procedures, employee coaching and disciplinary actions.
· Oversee set-up new hires in human resources information system (ADP) including data, reporting, and maintaining the appropriate security and accuracy levels.
· Develop and maintain the company’s affirmative action plans. Ensuring compliance with all federal regulations.
· Conduct onboarding processes and new hire orientation.
· Oversight and direction of the development and coordination of the appropriate training programs to ensure staff and manager development.
· Supervise and coordinate the human resources functions performed by clerical support staff.
· Aide the Benefits Coordinator with benefit plan administration and open enrollment.
· Manages assessments and workplace analysis to enhance employee, operational, and organizational performance. Make recommendations for improvement.
· Assist in the on-going success of workplace culture and employee program to ensure staff meets company service promise and standards. Help oversee all employee programs and activities including development of communication materials on program activities and emails; reporting, scheduling, problem resolution, and planning.
· Assist CPO with employee relations issues including investigation and resolution of those issues, performing mediations and terminations.
· Assist CPO with development of HR policies and procedures. Disseminates those policies, procedures, and programs to ensure that all employees are well informed and work in compliance with policies and regulations.
· Special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or applicable field required.
· Minimum 3 to 5 years of work experience in human resources, prefer supervisory experience.
· Certification in human resources related area a plus.
· Experience performing in a multi-site environment.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
· Ability to employ critical thinking skills to solve issues regarding employee relations, staffing and all other matters related to human resources.
· Ability to work with little or no supervision.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
· Strong computer software skills; prefer Word and Excel experience. Prefer experience with ADP Work Force Now or similar human resources information systems and/or databases.
· Excellent customer service skills required.
· Must exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
· Ability to perform data entry.
· Ability to make sound judgments and decisions.
· Ability to assimilate information and draw appropriate conclusions.
· Maintain high attention to detail and able to handle multiple priorities.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
· Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid TX driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and be able to provide proof of liability insurance.
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
· Some travel required.