Lab Components Technician - Blood Center
Sorry, this job has expired.
401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
We Are Blood has been drawing Central Texans together since 1951. As the exclusive community blood supplier, we serve over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are hiring a Lab "Components" Technician to manufacture blood components not only used for patient transfusions, but to create other products that help save lives. This position works in a highly regulated, fast paced environment where attention to detail and being adaptable to change quickly is critical. In this role, you will have a direct impact on our mission, as well as the community we proudly serve. Even better, you will work with great people who care about the work they do!
• Create electronic records of all blood components appropriately.
• Inspect and determine visual acceptability for all blood products throughout manufacturing steps.
• Perform quality control activities in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that include reviewing daily temperature monitoring documents, recording centrifuge quality control, verifying scales are within target values, and assessing blood product quality control.
• Complete all documentation accurately with strict adherence to cGMP and SOP.
• Monitor all product storage equipment and take appropriate action in the occurrence of out-of-temperature events.
• Prepare shipments as well as shipment documentation in accordance with SOP, cGMP and fractionators’ requirements.
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Familiarity with personal computers and/or blood processing systems.
• Experience in a regulated environment is preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Texas driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and proof of insurance.
• Must be available to work from 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Tuesday through Saturday, and be able to participate in the rotating on-call schedule.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled