Paid personal time, 401K / Retirement plan, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
We Are Blood has been drawing Central Texans together since 1951. As the exclusive community blood supplier, we serve over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to oversee the daily supervision of staff and collection processes at the Lamar Donor Center. This leader will guide staff in providing outstanding customer service to donors, coworkers and guests to ensure the best possible donation experience and working environment.
• Develop and sustain complete familiarity with all technical skills, policies and procedures, quality practices, and regulatory compliance requirements to serve as a subject matter expert to staff, donors, and medical directors.
• Work closely with other departments to establish, implement and validate new processes, protocols, procedures and technologies.
• Motivate and lead staff to ensure adequate operational supply levels are maintained and Lamar collection goals are achieved.
• Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative relationships within the department to cultivate an environment of teamwork.
• Interview and hire employees; investigate and rectify employee performance with timely counseling; conduct and assist with performance appraisals for Lamar staff.
• Identify individual and departmental training needs, assist in development of training plans and programs, conduct training sessions and maintain training documentation.
• Must have at least 3 years of recent experience in a management role in a medical setting, preferably with donor qualification, quality control and document review in a blood center environment. College degree is preferred.
• Strong people management and leadership skills, including experience in training and development.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, to include writing employee evaluations and counseling statements, system improvement reports, standard operating procedures, training plans, and validation plans.
• Compassionate interpersonal and excellent customer service skills.
• Strong computer skills. Experience with blood bank software preferred.
• Available to participate in on-call rotation and work a flexible schedule to include evenings or alternate days of the week as needed.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas Driver's License, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out on our website to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled