Phlebotomist - Mobile Blood Drives
Vision Insurance, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are currently hiring an Entry Level Mobile Phlebotomist to join our Mobile Team to conduct mobile blood drives. This technician will determine donor eligibility, performs phlebotomy techniques, and manages adverse donor reactions at blood drives across Central Texas.
1. Providing outstanding customer service to donors, coworkers, guests and contracted partners to ensure the best possible donation experience and working environment.
2. Processing and accurately documenting allogeneic whole blood donations according to SOP: registration, medical history interviews and vital signs, phlebotomy.
3. Responding to donor reactions according to SOP: Identify/treat symptoms, monitor/perform vital signs and accurately document the reaction.
4. Loading/unloading equipment and supplies from the mobile vehicle.
5. Assembling/disassembling the donation site at blood drives.
6. Maintaining all equipment and the donation site by performing daily quality control processes, routine/preventive maintenance, and housekeeping procedures.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in restaurant, retail, or hospitality industry is a huge PLUS!
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with team members and blood donors.
- Basic computer skills needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HS diploma or equivalent
Experience in phlebotomy and/or taking vital signs is preferred, NOT REQUIRED.
Certification as a phlebotomist, medical assistant or LVN is a plus, BUT NOT REQUIRED
Open availability needed to work at full time open schedule, 5 days a week.
Must be able to work flexible hours to include early days, nights, weekends, and holidays.