Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are currently hiring a Vice President, Community Engagement. This individual will develop and direct strategies to: enhance the public’s awareness of and affinity for the We Are Blood brand; and effectively engage the community in active support of We Are Blood and its mission.
1. Work with executive management and the board in the development of We Are Blood’s corporate community engagement strategy, and provide strategic direction and oversight of its community engagement programs: marketing, public relations, communications, donor engagement, corporate outreach, development, community outreach, blood and platelet recruitment, and volunteer services.
2. Develop and maintain key relationships in the community that promote and enhance awareness of We Are Blood and its mission.
3. Provide strategic direction and oversight of We Are Blood’s community engagement programs: marketing, public relations, communications, donor engagement, corporate outreach, development, community outreach, blood and platelet recruitment, and volunteer services.
4. Ensure that We Are Blood’s donor engagement goals are met, including mobile drive and fixed site and platelet donor recruitment as well as strategic development of the blood donor base.
5. Provide strategic direction of We Are Blood marketing and communications (including collateral materials development, newsletters, direct mail campaigns, events, promotions, etc.) and supervise the team.
6. Provide support and strategic direction for donor recruitment and engagement promotions and supervise the program lead.
7. Develop organizational strategies and tools for enhancing the blood donor and community experience with the We Are Blood brand.
8. Provide strategic direction for We Are Blood’s corporate engagement including corporate giving, employee engagement, blood drive support, events, etc. and supervise the team.
9. Provide strategic direction of the volunteer services program and supervise the program manager.
10. Supervise and manage vendor relationships and projects; for example with designers, web developers, social media agencies, public relations agencies, etc.
11. Develop and implement a comprehensive fund development program.
12. Work with We Are Blood leadership team to identify specific needs for targeted fundraising, volunteer, and community awareness opportunities.
13. Serve as a media spokesperson for We Are Blood
14. Responsible for the community engagement budgets.
• A minimum of 4-7 years of management/supervisory experience.
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in development, strategic communications and relationship management.
• Superior interpersonal skills and rapport with business and professional people
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent presentation skills with experience in public speaking.
• Strong computer skills, including data entry and proficiency in Excel and Word.
• Must be able to process information and draw reasonable conclusions.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including night and weekends.
• Able to work independently and accountably with minimal direct supervision.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Integrity, courage, and a passion for service.
• Outgoing, adaptive, creative.
• Must have excellent judgment.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs without assistance.
• Must be able to bend, stoop.
• Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Texas driver’s license, acceptable driving record and proof of liability insurance.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled